Knowing how to clean your sink, getting rid of bad odors or installing one are all things that we cover in our blog post. And when it comes to the most durable and modern additions to any kitchen, stainless steel sinks are it. However, they can be prone to small scratches over time.
Generally, these scratches are easy to remove. If you are having trouble removing scratches from your stainless steel sink, check out our guide for helpful tips.
Safely Removing Scratches: Stainless Steel Friendly Products to Use
How to Remove Minor Scratches From Your Stainless Steel Sink
If your stainless steel sink is lacking its original luster from minor scratches, we recommend using a stainless steel cleaner or polisher to smooth over those fine scratches. Follow our guide for removing fine scratches from stainless steel sinks.
- 1Thoroughly clean your stainless steel sink using soap and water.
- 2Dry the surface of the sink with a cloth.
- 3Spray a generous amount of stainless steel liquid cleaner or polish onto the microfiber cloth you will use to wipe down the sink.
- 4Gently rub the microfiber cloth and cleaner back and forth on the minor scratch. Follow the original grain of the stainless steel to ensure you do not add any more scratches.
- 5You can repeat this process as needed. We recommend up to 3 times.
- 6Use a clean and damp microfiber cloth to clean the polish off the sink thoroughly.
How to Remove Severe Scratches From Your Stainless Steel Sink
For deep scratches, we recommend using a powder-based stainless steel cleaning compound.
Bonus Tips: Removing Scratches From Other Sink Types
People also Ask (FAQs)
Is it normal for a stainless steel sink to scratch?
Yes, it is normal for your stainless steel sink to get scratches over time. We recommend using a stainless steel protectant to minimize the damage.
Can Bar Keepers Friend remove scratches from stainless steel sinks?
Yes, Bar Keeper’s Friend is one of the best commercial stainless steel scratch removers available.
Does WD40 remove scratches from stainless steel sinks?
WD40 is a great product to help restore stainless steel sinks. It can remove scratches when used in small portions. It can also restore the sheen on stainless steel sinks.
Can you use steel wool on stainless steel sinks?
We do not recommend using steel wool or wire brushes on a stainless steel sink. It can cause abrasive damage to the surface.
Is there a stainless steel sink brand that doesn’t scratch?
Some stainless steel sinks have a protective coating that can minimize scratches. However, over time most stainless steel sinks will develop small scratches.