In this article, we will discuss some of the best kitchen cleaning tricks. Why? Kitchens are essential in any home, from cooking disasters to family fun, a lot happens in the kitchen, that's why.
Still not convinced? Here's a statistic that might shock you: On a typical day in 2014, American adults spent approximately 37 minutes in food preparation as well as cleaning up the kitchen, based on the findings from the 2014 Eating & Health Module.
Sounds funny? That's quite an amount of time spent staring at plates and knives. It then makes sense to ensure that the kitchen stays clean, for this enables you to cook comfortably. Nevertheless, learn to save energy no matter your cleaning appliances. You can use a smart thermostat to achieve this, but know how to interpret the Ecobee's energy report.
However, it's not only the comfort that matters- the cleanliness in your cooking space impacts the health of your loved ones. So, for a clean cooking area, a kitchen cleaning checklist is a must-have.
The kitchen is one of the most critical spots in your home. Cooking delicacies happens in the kitchen. Therefore, it should always remain clean. You can quickly achieve this with the below kitchen cleaning tricks.
Clogged Kitchen Sinks
A clogged sink can be a turnoff, and it's the last thing you need in your cooking space. Well, to avoid this, here's the trick:
1. Pour boiling water down your kitchen sink regularly. By so doing, you ensure that oils from food products run down the drain instead of building up in the pipes.
2. Add some baking soda to the hot water for excellent results
As a result, you'll have a gleaming sink free from filth.
How To Efficiently Clean a Dishwasher
That valuable appliance in your kitchen that does the entire dish cleaning also requires cleaning!
After continued use, grease, soap, and food debris build up in your dishwasher. As such, it becomes less effective and a breeding ground for germs. Here are the cleaning tips:
1. Empty the drain-Detach the bottom dish rack and get rid of any food particles caught in between.
2. Put some vinegar in your appliance-Place a cup of white vinegar in a dishwasher safe bowl on the upper rack of your machine and run it through a hot-water cycle.
3. Rinse with baking soda- Spatter a cup of baking soda on the dishwasher's bottom and run a short sequence of hot water.
Your dishwasher will smell fresh with a bright stain-free interior.
What About The Kitchen Faucet?
The kitchen faucet is what you ordinarily use to clean your dishes, fill bottles with drinking water, and use it when cooking your food. Cleaning the drain is one of the kitchen care tips. And guess what? It can be a breeding spot for germs too. You need distilled white vinegar, rubber band, and a baggie. Here you go:
1. Fill your baggie half-way with the distilled white vinegar
2. Pull your vinegar baggie up over the faucet, secure it with the rubber band and allow it to sit for 20-30 minutes.
3. Get rid of the bag and use a dish brush to dislodge any leftover bits on your faucet head.
4. Rinse with warm water
Your faucet's jets should be clean with no mold, mildew, or build up particles.
Benefits of Keeping Your Kitchen Clean
As discussed earlier, a fresh kitchen is a necessity in every home. Below are the benefits of a tidy cooking area.
1. Better health- Germs reside on surfaces for long, if your cooking area is dirty and cluttered, your health and that of your family members is compromised.
2. Saves money- A clean kitchen encourages you to cook more. This way, you're less likely to eat out or spend more on food.
3. Weight loss- By consuming home-prepared meals, you're likely to eat a balanced diet and have the right portions. As such, your weight will probably improve.
A tidy kitchen is attractive, more comfortable to cook in. With the above kitchen cleaning tricks, you can transform it into a more stress-free cooking space.
Last Updated on