Best Batch Feed Garbage Disposal Reviews 2018
When it comes to garbage disposal systems, it’s not just about having a good, reliable product that is going to be able to grind up and dispose of all of your food waste. The shopping process is about picking the right garbage disposal system for your wants, needs, and lifestyle. Read the review on Best Batch Feed Garbage Disposal
You may think that shopping for a solid garbage disposal is really simple, and that there just can’t be that much variety on the market. Actually, there are tons of different brands and kinds of garbage disposals available online that come with a wide array of options, additions, functionalities, warranties, and more.
We are going to give you a quick overview of what you need to be looking for in terms of features and qualities when you are shopping for a garbage disposal, and then we are going to take a look at some of the top selling, and top performing garbage disposals on the market so that you can choose the right one for you.
The Difference Between Best Batch Feed Garbage Disposal and Continuous Feed Garbage Disposals
The first thing that you need to know when it comes to garbage disposals is that they come in two different types, batch feed and continuous feed. In this particular review, we are going to be covering batch feed disposal systems, but it is smart to have an idea of what both of these systems can do before you go into shopping, just so you know what they will have to offer.
Batch feed garbage disposals, as the name suggests, allows you to grind up your food and kitchen waste in large batches. Here are some of the notes that we have on batch feed garbage disposals.
- You have to have a rubber stopper on the top of them before they will work, which will help make sure that nothing will fall in the garbage disposal that doesn’t need to be there, like small silverware or jewelry.
- Batch feed garbage disposals are awesome for large quantities of food because they are specifically built to handle them. So if you have tons of food scraps or waste, this would be ideal for you.
- Allows you to completely fill the chamber before the garbage disposal will start to work. Even with a full load, it won’t have any problems grinding up the waste because that’s what it’s built for.
- Not great for small quantities of food waste, or food waste that is slowly accumulating because it needs to be full to work. That could leave food waste to rot in your disposal until you can fill it.
- These disposals take longer to grind up the waste.
Continuous feed disposals are some of the more common models that you will typically find in homes and apartments.
- They do not have to be full for you to grind up the food or waste in your disposal.
- If you don’t like having a messy kitchen, you can just keep throwing in waste and grinding it up as you work.
- Continuous feed models are usually cheaper than batch disposal units.
- Requires running cold water from the sink to work at its best.
- Will continue to grind even if you drop a piece of silverware or jewelry down the drain which could cause serious damage to those items and the disposal.
In this particular article, we are just going to cover the big, batch disposal systems, for those of you who love to cook, use your kitchen, and may have a lot of food waste.
So now that you have a nice overview of the types of disposals on the market, let’s go ahead and take a look at seem of the things that you want to keep an eye out for when choosing a batch feed garbage disposal.
How to Choose a Batch Feed Garbage Disposal
As you can see, there is a lot more in choosing the right batch feed garbage disposal than meets the eye. There are quite a few important things that you need to consider before just jumping in and buying one. Here are some key points to consider when you are shopping for your next batch feed garbage disposal system.
1) How often do you Cook and Eat at Home?
How often you cook and eat at home is something that is really important to consider. If you cook and prepare food at home quite a bit, you may or may not be using a garbage disposal that often, depending on the kinds of foods that you are preparing and using for your meals.
If you or you and your family eat out fairly often and don’t typically accumulate a ton of food waste in your garbage disposal, you may not need as powerful or as advanced of a disposal system.
2) How Often do You plan on Using Your Disposal System?
This facet to consider kind of goes hand in hand with how often you cook, prepare, and eat foods at home. Do you eat most of your meals at home during the day that end up producing a lot of food waste? Or are you busy during most of your work day and barely have time to eat breakfast and dinner at home.
Once again, if you eat and prepare food quite a bit at home, you want to make sure that you have a reliable, sturdy disposal system that can handle all of that food waste.
3) What kinds of waste will you be grinding?
We believe that the kinds of food waste that you will be using in your disposal is another very important thing to consider. The softer, more flaky, or easily shredded foods are, the easier that they will be on your grinder. Conversely, the more rigid, finicky, or inflexible food waste is, the harder your disposal system is going to need to be able to work to dispose of it.
That means that if you eat at home often, and have some thick waste, you are going to need better components and a higher horsepower to be able to grind it up.
4) Do you Want a Quiet Kitchen?
This is something that we believe that everyone should keep in mind when shopping for the right garbage disposal system: how quiet do you want or need your garbage disposal to be? If you like having peace and quiet in your home, you will probably want to make sure that your batch prep disposal has some kind of soundproofing technology so that you don’t wake up or disturb anyone in the vicinity of your kitchen.
Choosing good soundproofing technology may also depend on whether you live in a house, apartment, or condo. If you live in a condo or apartment and have close neighbors, you may want to make sure that you get a soundproof or noise reduced disposal unit so that you don’t disturb your close neighbors.
If you are on a budget or don’t mind the noise, soundproofing may not be as high of a priority to you.
5) What’s Your Budget?
Another important thing to consider when looking for a new garbage disposal is what’s in your budget? If you need something reliable and don’t want to break the bank, it’s really important for you to check out all of your options so that you know you are getting a low price for a reliable disposal. If budget isn’t that much of a concern to you, you may want to go ahead and splurge on all of the bells and whistles to get a really nice, high tech disposal.
Batch Feed Garbage Disposal Reviews
Do you have a better idea of all of the essentials when it comes to finding the right garbage disposal? Now that you have a little rubric for how to check which batch garbage disposal is right for you, we want to go over five of the top selling and performing batch feed garbage disposals that you can find.
The Waste King L-8000TC is a reliable batch feed garbage disposal from one of the leading companies on the market. Waste King not only boasts a great disposal, they actually have some of the longest warranties and best customer service in the industry.
This is a super powerful batch feed garbage disposal with a lot to offer, and happens to be on the lower end of the price range.
- A high speed, permanent magnet 2800 rpm motor that is super effective at grinding up your food and waste.
- Includes a 36 inch power cord.
- Removable splash guard.
- Grinding components that are rust free, for a long-lasting garbage disposal.
- One of the longest warranties in the industry.
- Great for managing and grinding large quantities of waste.
- A high speed, high powered motor that can grind waste at 1725 rotations per minute.
- Soundseal plus technology and soundproofing that is perfect for keeping your garbage disposal quiet even when you are grinding rigid, loud, or stingy foods.
- One total horsepower’s worth of strength in this small motor.
The Waste King 9900TC is yet another great and reliable disposal unit by Waste King. Waste King lauds this particular model as one of the best and highest performing batch feed garbage disposals on the market.
Here are some of the highlighted features and some of the other aspects of this particular garbage disposal that we liked the most.
- A motor that delivers 2700 rotations per minute.
- A long, 36 inch power cord that is included with this garbage disposal.
- Grinding components that are totally rust free.
- Batch feed operation, so like the other models, this does not require a wall switch to activate it.
- One of the longest warranties in the industry from one of the most reliable companies in garbage disposals.
Here’s yet another great model from Waste King with their 9980TC model. This is by far the most expensive and highest technology of the waste king models that we are taking a look at today.
Here are some of the aspects of this particular Waste King model that we wanted to take note of.
- A Vortex powered permanent magnet motor.
- A motor that delivers a powerful 2800 rotations per minute.
- It seems like every inch of this particular model is made with sturdy, rust proof or rust resistant stainless steel.
- A sturdy 3 bolt mounting system.
- One of the longest warranties in the industry.
The last stop on our journey is the GE GFB 760V. General Electric is another one of those companies that has been in the home appliance industry for over 100 years, and has delivered quality products that are second to none. Let’s have a look at some of the highlights of one of their top batch feed garbage disposals.
- A 3/4 horsepower permanent magnet motor.
- The highest rotations per minute of any motor that we have looked at so far at 3100 rotations per minute.
- EZ mount installation.
- Stopper and removable splash card included.
- A huge interior capacity with a stainless steel turntable.
- Sound reduction technology.
- Stainless steel, anti-jam grinding blades.
Who Needs One of these Garbage Disposals
If you are in the market for a batch feed garbage disposal but weren’t sure where to start, now you have an overview of some of the best garbage disposals on the market. This will serve as a little road map in terms of pricing and the features that you need in the garbage disposal that you are looking for.
In the end, there was one particular model that stood out to us the most. In this case, the best happened to come first. The Waste King L-8000TC was the top dog in this comparison for a number of reasons.
This is one of the least expensive models that we looked at today, that also delivers the most power and highest rotations per minute in its pricing range. With the extended warranty along with Waste King’s customer service and standing by their garbage disposal, it is hard to look any further than this batch feed garbage disposal. If you need a new garbage disposal today, this is the one for you.